In the last few weeks, many organizations involved in impact investing, social entrepreneurship, and philanthropy have produced lists of resources to help manage their businesses during the crisis. We have included some of them below and hope that they may be helpful for organizations within RIN’s network.
Many of the resources pertain to management strategies and business advice; others refer to financial support, particularly the funding from local government. Please bear in mind that the lists are rapidly evolving and may include overlapping or incomplete lists of resources listed. At this moment, we have not identified any resources specifically intended for refugee investors and refugee-owned businesses, but we will watch carefully for these and add them as soon as they are identified.
Supporting Entrepreneurs — including social entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs in developing markets:
- Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship Crisis Management Resources
- SOCAP’s Resources to Support Social Entrepreneurs
- ANDE webinar on supporting Small & Growing Businesses in developing markets during the pandemic
Impact Investors and International Development:
- Next Billion’s Resources for the Social Impact Sector
- The Global Impact Investing Network’s COVID-19 response page (includes funding initiatives and other actions taken by impact investors)
- International Organization for Migration’s COVID-19 Analytical Snapshots
- Coronavirus in Conflict Zones: A Sobering Landscape from the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- The Economic Toll of COVID-19 on Southeast Asia from CSIS
Grantmakers and Nonprofits: