About the Program
Through a new partnership with Silver Lining Ltd., a data-driven company providing small business support, the Refugee Investment Network (RIN) will provide 100 refugee-led and refugee-supporting companies with business coaching rooted in behavior-change science, investment readiness support, and networking – all virtually.
The “Resilient 100” cohort is part of Silver Lining’s Impact5X program, an economic justice initiative funded by JP Morgan Chase, GoDaddy, and a collective of other private funders. Our goal with Silver Lining is to provide best-in-class support to underserved and diverse small business owners and give them the structure, support and access that they deserve so that they can increase their success.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for the Resilient 100, a business must be at least partially refugee-owned or co-managed, OR supporting refugees in a measurable way through direct products and services, employment, workforce development, or improved humanitarian delivery capacity.
RIN has an inclusive definition of “refugee,” encompassing all forcibly displaced people. Ventures with a positive social impact on communities that welcome refugees are also supported.
We are looking for businesses that have been in operation for at least two years, are earning revenue, and serve as the entrepreneurs’ primary source of income.
What Are the Benefits?
Silver Lining’s Impact 5X program combats systemic bias and inequality and helps more small businesses succeed by providing underserved business owners with access to the same people, products, and services as their more privileged counterparts.
Resilient 100 participants will become a part of the RIN’s community of entrepreneurs and receive investment readiness and facilitation support, including webinars, company spotlights, and the opportunity to be featured in an entrepreneurs showcase publication for impact investors, development finance institutions, and other RIN capital partners.
They will also receive all of Silver Lining’s Impact 5x offerings to small businesses:
- SLAP (Silver Lining Action Plan) – Silver Lining’s comprehensive 13-month SLAP program to help you set and hit your growth goals
- SLAP Loans – Access to unsecured SLAP Loans which are given based on your SLAP behavior – not credit score, collateral or any other traditional finance metric that prohibits many business owners from marginalized backgrounds from accessing capital
- GoDaddy’s Empower Program – Digital training and access to GoDaddy products to help you build an online presence and close the digital divide that is even more urgent post COVID for small business owners
- Storytelling Training – Teaching you to tell your stories using video and photographs at no cost – just using your phones
- Silver Circle Global Network – Access to Silver Lining’s global network of business owners, partners, and stakeholders, creating an instant global network
- Impact Champion Connections – Targeted support from program donors who are committed to opening doors and creating opportunities for all participants
What Are the Expectations?
- Confirm your commitment to the program and the Resilient 100 cohort
- Get successfully onboarded into SLAP center and spend approximately 3-4 hours building your SLAP (with SLAPxperience Team support)
- Attend monthly Mindset and Strategy Calls with your SLAPexpert and SLAPmanagers
- Sign in to SLAP at a minimum of one time per week and update data about your business
- Attend SLAPschool and Special Events as you can
- Be an active member of the Resilient 100 and RIN community
- Pay what you can based on your unique circumstances
How Can I Participate?
The program is limited to 100 businesses globally and will accept participants on a rolling basis. Companies selected to the cohort in September will receive social media spotlights and access to a special event.
Apply at your earliest to express interest and ensure a spot. You will receive a confirmation from RIN within a week and start your SLAP and business growth journey!
Entrepreneur Support Organizations:
To explore partnership opportunities and to refer businesses to the Resilient 100, get in touch with RIN’s Entrepreneurship Lead Selen Ucak at [email protected]